Boithabiso, translated into English means Joy. Our purpose is to bring joy to our youth by means of sport. We are passionate about children. Sport is a tool to develop character, tenacity, ethics, and dedication.
For this reason, we have invested our time and resources over the past 15 years into developing sporting programs for children of all levels of society. This year we have formalised it by setting up a Non-Profit Company, as we realised “it takes a village to raise a child”.
We are currently busy since January 2022 with an outreach development program at Sunnyside Primary. The school has more than 200 learners per grade, and is disciplined, and well run by dedicated personnel. We also run a Hockey Skills venue at Brooklyn Hockey & Sport which we hope we will be able to put a roof over in due course.
Please assist us in our goals – we are giving our passion, energy, and money. It has only been blessed – so please join the initiative in whichever way you can.
Registration number: 2022/433458/08
PHSOB Hockey & Sport Club, 115 Mackenzie Street, Brooklyn
Get Involved //
- Give Time – admin, coaching, transport
- Donate Hockey equipment
- Donate Funds:
Boithabiso Sport NPC
branch Brooklyn (251345)
Sport Player Development
- to carry out development programs in sport for children and grownups alike;
- to make sport available and promote sport players from previous disadvantaged communities;
- to embrace the concepts of restorative and youth developments by means of sport;
- to create opportunities for special needs players to participate in sport;
- to identify talent in all communities, invest in the talented players and assist them financially where needed by obtaining funding from the business communities to attend schools with active sport participation;
- to provide guidance for sport people to future their careers in sport or other disciplines;
- to grow and enhance performance of disadvantaged children to a provincial and franchise sport level, assist them to attend trials and earn their colours on base of skills;
- to assist disadvantaged players with funding towards attending provincial and franchise-based sporting tours;
- to provide a platform from where league participation will be possible in various sport disciplines over all age groups;
- to walk a career path with disadvantaged, talented sport players through school, high school and (with NSFAS funding) also through tertiary education.
Sport coaches, personnel and sporting bodies
- to provide specialist consultancy in the field of children sports coaching;
- to provide ongoing training and skills development in the various sport disciplines regarding playing, coaching, umpiring and judicating;
- to actively seek and build the capacity of Community Based Organisations rendering services by using the high level of expertise and experience gained by the personnel in their various field of specialisation;
- to network with and serve on organisations of provincial and local sporting bodies and also other national and international organisations and institutions, in all matters relating to sporting activities;
- to formulate policies, and promote and support legislative and other measures designed to promote equal rights in sport and equal opportunities for all;
- to undertake lobbying and advocacy activities to ensure that services relating to the coaching and development of sport are of a high quality and are accessible to all in a consistent manner;
Sport Facilities & Equipment
- to develop facilities on Municipal and Private properties with Community Development Programs and/or Funding and/or Community Chest bodies where sport can be practiced and taught;
- to strive to set up sport facilities for tournaments and leagues;
Experience joy //
Red Socks Day
Clinic 7 April 2022 at Gerrit Maritz
Development and skills club
Sunnyside Primary //
Portia Moloisane and some of our Sunnyside Primary stars!
For this reason we have invested our time and resources over the past 15 years into developing sporting programs for children of all levels of the society. This year we have formalised it by setting up a Non Profit Company, as we realised “it takes a Village to raise a child”.
We are currently busy since January with an outreach development program at Sunnyside Primary. The school has more than 200 learners per grade, is disciplined and well run by dedicated personnel.
We also run a Hockey Skills venue at Brooklyn Hockey & Sport which we hope we will be able to put a roof over in due course.
Please assist us in our goals – we are giving our passion, energy and money. It has only been blessed – so please join the initiative in whichever way you can.
Registration number: 2022/433458/08
083 460 5256
31B College Avenue